Tuesday, October 5, 2021

A Casualty!

 Even a shock case can't prevent damage when it goes flying off the back of a vehicle going around a corner. 


My truck has a hard cover over the bed, which makes a nice make-shift table. Last week I wanted to take a look at the copy of plans the builder keeps on-site for the various subcontractors to use. He has lots of notes on them and I wanted to see what he had noted. I had them spread across the bed cover, and laid my phone down. Forgot to pick it up when I put the plans away. 

I was half-way home when I remembered I wanted to plug my phone in while driving and discovered it was not in the car. Shoot! Drove all the way back in hopes it had fallen off on-site. Nope. Slowly drove out, watching the sides of the driveway and road, stopping at every corner to get out and search the outsides of the curves. No luck. Finally drove home and confessed to Sid that I had lost my phone. 


We drove back out, so HE could look again.  Along the way Sid remembered he had a tracker app on his phone, so I put in my account info to track my phone. It claimed my phone was 8 miles south! That couldn't possibly be right, so we continued out to Bosky. Re-checked all the places I had already looked. When we had no luck, Sid agreed to follow the tracker, though he didn't believe it could possibly be right. 

The address it took us to was a rural address with a business on-site. We found an employee/owner and explained the situation. He asked where it was lost and he said he had not had any people up that way and it didn't make sense. Another employee approached and looked at the tracker, and walked around the parking lot looking in the truck windows. He asked Sid if  my phone would make noise and Sid tapped the button on the tracker that would make it do so. He could hear it ringing in one of the trucks! Pulled it out from where it was on the front seat. They found the employee who had been using that truck and asked where they found it. It was in the road at the LAST turn I had made before realizing it was missing. I had not looked as I drove back past that spot as I never considered the phone would have ridden *4* miles before falling off! Very nice people, and they invited us to their company and friends barn dance the next night, but we had other plans. 

Screen replacement: $240! Ouch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment